Celotex is the UK brand leader in high performance insulation with over 90 years’ experience. Celotex provides solutions that can be used for new builds, refurbishments or to replace existing insulation. Celotex manufacture PIR Insulations and Mineral Wool across the UK within 3 different sites. Isover Mineral Wood Insulation is manufactured from Runcorn, Cheshire and Celotex PIR Insulation is manufactured across two production facilities, Hadleigh, Suffolk and Eggborough, Yorkshire. From these three sites Celotex and Isover has a Nationwide distribution service.
Celotex provides a range of safe, reliable and high-quality insulation materials that are used to insulate countless homes and buildings all over the UK. Thousands of professionals choose Celotex to create warm environments that save energy every day.
Celotex products include general insulation board, fire-resistant insulation boards, cavity wall insulation boards and underfloor heating insulation boards. See the product range below.
Celotex CW4000 is a polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board with exceptional thermal performance with a low emissivity foil facing. Sizes range from 40mm to 100mm, it can also be used for use in partial fill cavity wall applications.
Celotex GA4000 is a polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board with exceptional thermal performance with a low emissivity foil facing. Sizes range from 50mm to 100mm, it can also be used for roof, wall and floor applications.
Celotex PL4000 is a polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board with a paper facing, laminated to a piece of 12.5mm tapered edge plasterboard. Sizes range from 25mm to 65mm, it can also be used for use in roof and internal wall lining applications.
Celotex TB4000 is a polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board with excellent thermal performance with a low emissivity foil facing. Sizes range from 20mm to 40mm, it can also be used for floor, wall, and roof applications.
Celotex XR4000 is a polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board with excellent thermal performance with a low emissivity foil facing. Sizes range from 110mm to 200mm, it can also be used for roof, wall, and floor applications.
Installing Celotex Boards
There is a variety of options when it comes to installing insulation boards, each method differs depending on the product being installed and the location it is being fitted. Celotex can be installed between rafters in pitched roofs, fixing Celotex to ceilings in flat roofs, cavity walls, floors, and more. When purchasing Celotex, each product should be provided with an installation guide detailing how the product should be fit. This can also be found within some of our Celotex product descriptions.
It is important to use protective clothing such as goggles or safety glasses when cutting Celotex as dust and particles and produces. Celotex can be cut with a hand saw.
Celotex is a brand of the company Saint-Gobain. Saint-Gobain is a company that designs and creates materials and distributes products. With Saint-Gobain dating back to over 350 years, it now has 180,000 employees in over 100 countries. Saint-Gobain is everywhere when it comes to our living spaces, transportation, and buildings. It can be found in many industrial applications and provides safe and reliable products meanwhile addressing climate change and supporting sustainable construction and resource efficiency. Saint-Gobain’s main brands include Celotex and Isofix.
Celotex and the environment
Celotex is committed to making continuous improvements with a focus on innovations to make the world a better home.
- The UK’s built environment and the natural environment is protected by developing insulation solutions.
- Meeting all accreditation requirements.
- Use 0% CO2 electricity.
- Maximise our contribution to sustainable development whilst reducing our impact on the environment.
- Saint Gobain monitors all waste levels from all activities and drives and puts procedures in place to reduce the amount of waste produced.
- Parts of packaging and materials used to protect Celotex products during transportation are recyclable and use recycled content. This includes stretch wrap, cardboard banding, chipboard/wood bearers, and plastic strapping.
- ISOVER’s glass mineral wool products are made from up to 75% recycled glass material and the packaging is entirely recyclable. Our package is manufactured from 100% low-density polyethylene (LDPE), the packaging includes yellow batt film and clear top film, yellow roll film, clear multipack compression film, and clear stretch film. Recycled LDPE products can be transformed into bin liners, plastic furniture and floor tiles in the future. This process is simple and can be done at most supermarket stores at the recycling centres. This is free and will help guarantee that the material can be used again in the future.
Saint Gobain has partnered with Volvo, a leading automotive manufacturer. This partnership ensured a fleet of Saint-Gobain's delivery vehicles that deliver Celotex products throughout the UK were updated to help save up to 1,300 tonnes of carbon emission each year.
The new vehicles use a system called high-pressure direct ignition (HPDI), which allows them to reduce carbon emissions whilst maintaining performance. Volvo’s HPDI technology uses less fuel than a gas-only spark ignition system by creating an ignition cycle. This creates up to 20% fewer emissions than a standard diesel system. LNG engines emit significantly less CO2 per mile than the diesel equivalent. The vehicles are fuelled with bio-methane-based LNG from renewable sources making
- ISO 9001:2015 – quality management system criteria. All Celotex and ISOVER products are to 9001 standards.
- ISO 14001:2015 – environmental management system criteria. All Celotex and ISOVER products are to ISO 14001 standard.
- ISO 50001 – quality and environmental management standards. All Celotex and ISOVER products are to ISO 50001 standard.
- The British Board of Agreement (BBA) – verify that products are compliant with the relevant Building Regulations.
- The CE marking – is a confirmation that products are sold in the European Economic Area and meet the criteria. All Celotex and ISOVER products have CE approvals.
- The European Certification Board – provides information related to their non-classification under the European regulation. The EUCEB certificate shows that mineral wool is bio-soluble and meets the standard.
- Indoor Air Comfort Gold certification – ensures that low product emission requirements are met. The manufactured ISOVER UK structural building meet achieves Eurofins ‘Gold’ standard for indoor air quality.
- BES – organisational governance, supply chain management, environmental and social aspects that must be met in order to ensure the responsible sourcing of construction products. Isover UK manufactured glass mineral wool insulation achieves BES 6001.