Recticel Eurodeck boards are a specialist high-performance insulation material, designed for the application of warm flat roofs to improve the thermal quality within commercial or residential buildings. This board consists of a polyisocyanurate (PIR) core with each side bonded to a gas tight multi-layer composite aluminium foil facing to improve thermal conductivity. These boards are manufactured using a blowing agent with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP).
Recticel Eurothane Eurodeck Insulation Boards
The Eurothane Eurodeck boards are 2400mm by 1200mm with thicknesses between 25mm and 160mm with a thermal conductivity of just 0.022W/mK. This product is extremely durable and when installed correctly can provide reliable long term thermal performance that will continue to last for the entire lifetime of the building. Eurodeck helps to provide a more temperature-controlled environment meaning warmer winters and cooler summers. The boards provide stability, strengths and the structural integrity allows for the flattest finish. It is lightweight, tough, and easy to cut, handle, and install.
- Available for new builds or refurbishments
- Compression strength 150kPa
- Will not degrade or deteriorate if exposed to moisture
- Excellent thermal performance
- Range of thicknesses to suit project needs
- Straight finish on all sides
- Good compressive strength
- Limited moisture absorption
- Quick installation
- CFC and HCFC free
- Durable and long lasting
Eurodeck can be easily cut using a fine-toothed saw by measuring and marking the board and placing the board on a higher surface to allow the saw to cut though. The boards can also be cut with a sharp knife by scoring one side of the board, snapping over a hard edge, and scoring the other side.
Packaging and storage:
Eurothane Eurodeck should be stored indoors and on a flat surface. If indoor storage is not an option, ensure the boards are protected with the correct weatherproofing materials. Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used. Although the boards are rigid, excess weight and standing on the boards should be avoided as the boards can begin to crumble from the inside due to too much pressure on the boards core.
Correctly insulating your home or office space can mean saving you money on up to 30% of your energy bills whilst creating a more sustainable environment. By reducing the heat levels escaping your property, you are contributing to the reduction of climate change and global warming.
Recticel Eurothane Eurodeck can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Warm Flat Roof applications
- Mechanically fixed single ply membrane systems
- Timber Deck applications
- Metal and concrete deck applications
ISO 9001 quality management system
ISO 14001 environmental management system
CE marking compliance to BS EN 13165.
Fire Performance: Euroclass F EN 13501-1
EN ISO 10456μ 50-100
Brand: Recticel Eurothane Eurodeck
Thicknesses: 25mm 30mm, 30mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022W/mK
Material: Polyisocyanurate (PIR), aluminium foil
Colour: Cream, silver
|Thickness (mm)||Thermal Conductivity (W/mk)||Thermal Resistance (m2k/W)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)|
Installation Guide: Fixed Single Ply Membrane
- To begin lay the specified Vapour Control Layer (VCL) on the clean and dry deck. Ensure all laps are minimum 150mm and well-sealed and turnt up at the edge of the roof.
- If a fully sealed metal deck is used, a separate VCL is not required. Installing mechanical fixings into a concrete deck may require predrilling of the deck.
- Install the Eurothane Eurodeck boards in a brick bond pattern with boards tightly butted, mechanically fixing them using a minimum of 6 fixings per board.
- On a metal deck, the insulation boards should either be laid with the long edges at right angles to the troughs to ensure the short ends are fully supported, or diagonally across the deck corrugations.
- Thermally broken telescopic tube fixings are recommended to reduce thermal bridging, each incorporating a 50mm square or circular washer and positioned within 50 to 150mm of board edges and corners.
- If the desired thickness consists of two insulation layers, board joints should be staggered, and the thicker board positioned outermost. One or two fixings can be used to secure the lower boards, prior to securing the top layer with the required number of fixings.
- Lay and fix the single ply membrane in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- At the end of each day’s work, or during any interruption in building works, the exposed unfinished cavity insulation materials should be covered to protect the board from the elements and avoid damage.
- Boards with damaged edges or corners, or boards that have been damaged by extreme weather conditions should not be used.
- Protective gear can be used if necessary to avoid irritation caused by the fibre produced when cutting the boards, this includes gloves, goggles, or a face mask.
- Always consult a building professional before have insulation installed within your residential or commercial building. Insulation installed incorrectly can be a time consuming and costly error.