120mm Kingspan K-Roc Rainscreen Slab
Kingspan K-Roc Rainscreen Slabs are a high-quality insulation material made up of rock mineral fibre. The fibre contains a water repellent addition designed for insulation applications behind rainscreen facades / rainscreen cladding walls. The slabs can be applied behind rainscreen facades and systems for use in timber and steel frames constructions in all building types, locations, and heights.
Kingspan K-Roc Rainscreen Slabs are extremely durable and when installed correctly will have a lifespan that will last for as long as the building does. The K-roc rainscreen product is lightweight and packaging is compressed ensuring handling and installation is quick and easy. The slabs are 1200mm by 600mm and available in thicknesses between 30mm and 200mm with a thermal conductivity of 0.034W/mK.
Rainscreen products are the first line of defence when it comes to moisture affecting the walls of the building and reduces condensation and humidity coming both from inside and outside the building. Rainscreen insulation can improve the thermal conductivity of the building and prevent heat loss. This will create a more sustainable residential or commercial environment and save money on up to 30% of energy bills. By reducing the heat escaping from the property you are positively contributing the reduction of global warming and climate change.
- High-performance material
- Low thermal conductivity
- Prevent building structure issues
- Durable and long lasting
- Adds value to the property
- No maintenance required
- Available for all building types over 18m
- Easy to handle and install
- Resists moisture and condensation
- Increases energy efficiency of the property
- Smooth Finish and square edge
- Available for new builds, refurbishments, and extensions.
Kingspan K-Roc Rainscreen Slab can be cut by measuring and marking to slab to ensure an accurate fit and cutting the material with a steel-toothed saw on higher surface to allow the saw to cut through. Dust mask and protective clothing is recommended when cutting Rainscreen Slabs to avoid inhaling loose fibres and dust particles. Ensure accurate trimmings to accomplish close-butting joints and continuity of insulation to avoid thermal bridging. At the end of each day’s work, or whenever work is suspended for prolonged periods of time, slab edges and joints should be protected from weather conditions.
Packaging and Storage:
The polyethylene packaging of Kingspan Insulation products is fully recyclable. The packaging should not be considered sufficient for outside protection. The slabs should be stored on a flat surface inside a well-ventilated building. If, however, indoor storage is not an option, then K-Roc should be stacked clear of the ground and protected with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof material. Slabs that have been allowed to get wet should not be used
Please see below our Kingspan K-Roc Rainscreen Slab datasheet and safety regulations.
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality management systems. Requirements)
- ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems. Requirements)
- Certified to BES 6001 ‘Good’
- Tested in a façade system to BS 8414-2: 2015 + A1: 2017 7 in accordance with the performance criteria set out in BR 13
- Fire performance: Euroclass A1 Reaction to Fire
- Standard: BS EN 13162
- Recycled Content: 0% (minimum) to BS EN ISO 14021
Thicknesses: 30mm, 50mm, 60mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 125mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm, 180mm, 200mm
Thermal Conductivity: 0.034W/mK
Material: Rock Mineral Fibre Insulation
|Thickness (mm)||Thermal Conductivity (W/mK)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Thermal Resistance|
The installation guidance for K-Roc Rainscreen Slab outlined in this section must only be followed considering the below:
- To ensure compliance with the latest Building Regulations. Consult your system supplier, the current guidance to the Building Regulations and Standards or Local Building Control for further information.
- In England, for ‘relevant’ buildings over 18m in height, membranes used as part of the external wall construction above ground level should achieve a minimum of Euroclass B-s3,d0.
- Since rainscreen façade systems are proprietary and use differing mechanisms to fix and support the external cladding to the wall structure, request installation guidance from the system manufacturer or supplier.
When using rainscreen insulation the slabs should be installed break-bonded with slab edges lightly butter together in order to achieve a close fit between the insulation slab and the substrate interface to avoid gaps behind or between slabs. Make sure the slabs are cut neatly around fixings and brackets to avoid gaps to avoid thermal bridging.
The number and type of mechanical fixings required to fix K-Roc Rainscreen Slabs will vary with the geographical location of the building, the local topography, the height, and width of the wall concerned, the wall structure, and the type of mechanism being used to attach the cladding system. The fixings should be evenly distributed over the whole area of the slab.
When installing a minimum of 3 fixings per m2 are required to securely install the insulation slab to the wall structure. Requirements for additional fixings should be assessed in accordance with BS / I.S. EN 1991–1-4: 2005 + A1: 2010.