50mm IKO PIR Boards
The foam core of the IKO Enertherm Insulation Board has clad on both sides as well as a multi-layer gastight aluminum complex which provides extra stability and strength.
IKO Enertherm insulation board is a board free from CFC and HCFC or HFC which provides a great performance whilst posing no threat to the environment.
IKO Enertherm has several layers of high-quality reflecting ALU lamination, combined into a single complex that prevents thermal bridging, water ingress and has a wind tight shield. The micro cell technology provides shape retention as well as moisture and pressure resistance.
Enertherm Insulation Board
- Moisture proof
- This product can be installed by directly bonding (dot and dab) as well as and other fixed installation techniques.
- Can be used to improve the standards of the current building regulations.
- Keeps energy bills low long term and maximises savings.
- Can be a great product when refurbishing or for new build projects.
- A wide range of sizes to ensure the right insulation for your project.
IKO Enertherm high insulation values and thin construction are a lightweight yet sturdy board that reduce thickness of the buildings construction This product can be cut to size using a knife or fine-toothed saw. This makes handling, delivering, and installing IKO Insulation Boards simple and easy.
Proper insulation for a particular house is very essential. Good, sturdy, and reliable insulation board is very important to install. IKO products are tested under extreme conditions in respect of water absorption, mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and emissivity to ensure a high-quality, durable product which remains insensitive to moisture in all weather conditions.
IKO Enertherm allows for technical maintenance on solar panels, air condition units and other roof installations due to their pressure resistance and shape retention. You can simply walk on them. This product can be easily combined with roof membranes and is dimensionally stable.
- BBA Certificate 15/5283
- Reaction to fire: EN13501-1 Class E
Lambda 0.022 W/mK
Sizes:Â 2400×1200 mm
Edge finishing: square edges
25mm, 30mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm
How to install Enertherm Insulation
Boards should be stored in a dry space with a flat surface where the board is protected from all weather conditions such as rain or sunlight. If a board does get wet allow and is not damages allow the board to dry completely before installing.
Always work on the insulation boards on a base that is dry and free of dirt.
During processing, you need to take measures to prevent damp from penetrating inside the insulation boards.
IKO Enertherm insulation boards can be fitted using several methods:
- On a profiled steel roof, fit continuous joints at right angles to the groove direction.
- With a so-called wild bond, it is highly recommended to saw a section at the end of the first row to fit to size. The cut piece is used as the first piece layer at the start of the second row. Always make sure that the joints are staggered at least 20 cm.
- With a so-called stretcher bond, you should always use a halfboard at the start of the next row and fit the insulation boards together with sealed joints. Once all boards are fitted IKO PU FIX GUN is advised to seal any openings between the insulation boards at channels and connections with walls. This is necessary to prevent the formation of a thermal bridge. The surplus foam can be cut away and all joints taped with ALU TAPE.
Before you begin:
- The base must be flat enough to provide for adhesion and have no cracks bigger than 5 mm/m1.
- The base must be completely dry before glue is applied; gluing in any degree of water is not permitted.
- Ensure the base is clean by removing any dirt, dust, and loose items from the base, as well as any oil residue and cement.
- In the case of bases containing oil or greasy bases or existing roof coverings, the possibility of gluing needs to be investigated for each individual situation by doing a glue test.
Apply the insulation boards to the base in stretcher bond, partially glued.
On a steel roof with IKO pro-PU adhesive, about 200 g/mÂ² (glue marks left and/or right of the dimple, exclusively in accordance with the manufacturerâ€™s guidelines).
Then, no more than 15 minutes after applying the PU adhesive (no longer than 5 minutes in temperatures above 30 Â°C), apply the boards and press them together by running over the surface at least once.
For glueing a partially glued roof covering system onto the insulation boards, apply at least four strokes of adhesive crosswise along the length of the insulation boards (adhesion percentage at least 40%). For glueing a fully glued system onto the insulation boards with warm bitumen (IKO Enertherm MG/BM), glue at least 50% of the surface.
Consumption depends on the application and the manufacturerâ€™s specifications. Mechanical fastening Fit the IKO Enertherm insulation boards onto the base in stretcher bond; fasten the boards or board sections additionally as follows:
- Board size 1,200mm x 2,400mm – at least 6 fasteners
- Board size 1,200mm x 1,200mm – at least 4 fasteners
- Board size 1,000mm x 1,200mm – at least 4 fasteners
- Board size 600mm x 1,200mm – at least 4 fasteners
For fastening a wooden or steel roof IKOFIX COMBI-S or IKOFIX EDS-S. For fastening a concrete roof IKOFIX TLK in combination with IKOFIX EDS-S.