Isocheck 32T systems are boards made up of Acoustic Chip Foam (ACF), this product is designed to replace floorboards and reduce sound transmission through timber floor whilst thermally enhancing joisted timber floors.
When Isocheck is installed as part of a complete sound reduction system, it allows a timber floor to meet the sound transmission regulations of Approved Document E 2003.
The 32T system includes a unique combination of a 6mm reconstituted acoustic chip foam (ACF) and the added isolation of a 4mm Isofiba layer, bonded to 22mm P5 V313 moisture resistant chipboard. Creating an overall depth of 32mm. This board is 32mm x 2400mm x 600mm.
Isocheck 32T Floor Insulation Board is applicable in new build, refurbishments, or conversion applications, installed over traditional timber joisted floors using a resilient bar ceiling.
- Great acoustic properties.
- Able to reduce impact sound transmission in finished wooden floors.
- Able to meet values prescribed by the Approved Document E of the Building Regulations, when installed as part of a complete party floor construction.
- Includes a moisture-resistant chipboard.
- Includes a recycled Isofiba layer.
- Sound Reducing
- Available in a range of sizes
- Can be used in several applications
- Durable and long lasting
- Moisture resistant chipboard
- High quality product and results
Applying acoustic materials to your floor spaces can increase the acoustic properties within the building. Isocheck can reduce impact noise from the room structure to the room below such as footsteps, furniture movement, tv noise, etc. Making a more comfortable environment for rooms below or neighbours. It can also reduce sound echoes within the space
For longer term protection on site, the product should either be stored indoors, or under cover and off the ground in weatherproof conditions. The boards packs are designed for short term protection only and they should not be left permanently exposed to the elements.
Brand: ISOMASS ISOCHECK
Material: Acoustic Chip Foam
|Thickness (mm)||Weight||Dimensions (mm)|| |
Area Coverage m2
2400 x 600 x 32
How to install:
Before you begin:
- Ensure all intrusive fittings are properly treated.
- All structural walls should be sealed, and the entire structure should be watertight.
- The sub floor should be clean and dry and covered with the correct insulation layer that should consist of mineral wool insulation materials applied between the floor joists.
Step 1: Begin the installation at the furthest point from the entrance, the decking should follow a stretcher-bond pattern. The boards should be pushed over the joints which have been previously treated with the required adhesive added both on top of the tongue and bottom of the groove. Excess adhesive should be wiped away with a damp cloth. It is advised that stud partitioning should be built from the sub floor and that flanking strips should be added for improved insulation performance of the walls and floors.
Step 2: Once the entire system has been installed, the boards should be protected from potential damage with a proper finish layer added on top. All skirting must be isolated from the floor surface and new ceiling boards installed prior to installing the Isocheck system, in order of avoiding potential flanking transmission.
When applied in bathroom and kitchen areas, some other additional factors apply. All rigid plumbing connectors that go through the system should be properly insulated from floating and sub floor by adding some flexible sealant to the hole around the services perimeter, cut up to 10mm wider. In order of supporting higher loads, additional support noggins should be installed between the joists.