The Isowave 23 system is designed for the treatment of excessive nearby sound that bypasses a separating floor through lightweight structural walls. The Isowave 23 System is ideal for upgrading a 4″ masonry or timber partitions or an external masonry wall which is causing adjoining noise transmission – often revealed as the cause of a separating floor test failure – or used on independent studwork to upgrade an existing separating wall that has poor performance quality for airborne sound transmission. The system includes a reinforced high-density gypsum board bonded to 10mm Isowave acoustic foam, which is extremely eco-friendly since using only water as the blowing agent and free of any harmful gasses, including CFC, HFC or HCFC. When the 23 systems are incorporated within a wall construction Isowave 23 will individually achieve ½ hour fire protection.
Isowave 23 consists of a 10mm Isowave acoustic foam bonded to 12.5mm high density, square edged fibre-reinforced gypsum board.
- Provides flanking and airborne sound transmission reduction
- Applicable to new build, refurbishment, and conversation
- Includes an acoustic foam measured to BS 4443 and BS EN ISO 845:2009
- Provides good thermal properties
- Able to meet values prescribed by the Approved Document E of the Building Regulations for ozone depletion
- Environmentally friendly
- Great damping characteristics
Applying acoustic materials to your floor and wall spaces can increase the acoustic properties within the building. Isocheck can reduce impact noise from the room structure to the room below or room adjoining such as footsteps, furniture movement, tv noise, etc. Making a more comfortable environment for rooms below or neighbours adjoining. It can also reduce sound echoes within the space.
For longer term protection on site, the product should either be stored indoors, or under cover and off the ground in weatherproof conditions. The boards packs are designed for short term protection only and they should not be left permanently exposed to the elements.
Isocheck Isowave 23 can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
New Build Systems
Masonry and separating walls Applications
Separating floor and ceiling applications
- Approved Document E of the Building Regulations,
- Acoustic foam core is measured to BS 4443 and BS EN ISO 845:2009,
- EU Regulation No 2037/2000 for ozone depletion
Brand: ISOCHECK ISOWAVE 23
Resilient Layer: 10mm
Material: Acoustic Resilient Layer
|Thickness (mm)||Weight per m2||Dimensions (mm)|| |
Area Coverage m2
1197 x 597 x 22.5mm
How to install:
- Fix securely to all supports working from the centre of each board outward to the edges using the specified method of fixing at 250mm maximum centres with countersunk cross-slot screws 3.9 x 30mm positioned through the Isocheck
- Isoblock & Isobar system – fixed at 600mm max centres and 150mm max. From top and bottom edges or into the metal ‘I’ beam. Position fixings not less than 20mm from board edges and 50mm from corners.
- The heads of all fixings should be sunk into the surface of the board and stopped with joint filler.
- The square edged cement particle board should be sealed with an intumescent sealant, joints to be a maximum 1mm wide. Any excess adhesive to be removed using a spatula once the adhesive has fully hardened.
- A 9.5mm or 12.5mm tapered edge plasterboard with all edges taped should then be fitted. Skim and lightly sand if required.
- Where electric socket boxes and light switches are installed the back of the box should be isolated with Isocheck Impacta Pads.