Kingspan Kooltherm K15 Rainscreen Cladding Board is an insulation board designed to be installed in rain screen cladding applications. It is made up a premium performance fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic core with low emissivity composite foil bonded to each side to create foil facings.
Foil facings have the ability to reduce heat by reflecting it away. For example, when the heat rises in a building foil facing boards will reflect the heat back down in the house providing heating from top to bottom. It also reflects the suns heat away from the property from the exterior.
The boards are lightweight and easy to cut handle and install. The board can be cut to any size and shape and can be cut with a fine-toothed saw or sharp knife. This board is extremely long lasting and durable depending on the condition of the buildings structure and that the board is installed properly. Kingspan product are used by building professionals all over the world due to their incomparable high-quality products and low thermal conductivity.
- Perfect solution for both new build and refurbishment projects
- Unaffected by air filtration
- Resistant to water vapour
- Non-deleterious material
- High performance thermoset rigid insulation
- Easy to handle and install
- Euroclass C-s2, d0 Fire Rating
- Very durable, depending on the structure and conditions of use
- Resistant` to mould and microbial growth
- No CFCs/HCFCs
- Zero ozone depletion potential and zero global warming potential.
- Poses no threat to the environment.
The K15 Rainscreen Board is an ultimate insulation solution and can be used for various applications other than rainscreen. This product come is sizes 2400mm by 1200mm and in a range of thicknesses between 25mm and 150mm. It also provides a thermal conductivity as low as 0.020W/mK. By installing insulation, you are saving money on energy bills and providing a sustainable environment by reducing the amount of heat escaping from the property. This will help with the tackle of climate change and global warming. Insulation helps to create a thermal envelope around your living or working environment. This will result in a more temperature-controlled environment and comfortable space.
How is Rainscreen insulation effective?
A rainscreen cladding system is externally fitted to the building and applied directly on the present structure of the building. This produces a ventilated cavity between the buildings’ frame and the outer wall. The Rainscreen consists of two layers, one layer is an insulation board the thermal efficiency of the building and the other layer is a breathable material to provide ventilation. The outer ventilation layer is bonded with cladding to provide protection from weather conditions which will also increase the durability of the product. The layers bonded to the insulation board prevent water from entering the building frame or insulation materials.
The ventilation later of the insulation causes warm air to rise and carry cool air with it which removes moisture and creates a more balanced temperature of the internal walls. If in extreme weather conditions, the water will run down the panels and exit by evaporating.
Safety / Product Specifications:
Thicknesses: 25mm, 30mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm
Thermal Conductivity: Between 0.021W/mK and 0.022W/mK.
Facing: Low emissivity foil
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 14001: 2015
- ISO 45001: 2018
- ISO 50001: 2018
- Certified to BES 6001
– All Kingspan product packaging is recyclable and does protect the material from weather conditions.
– Insulation material should be stored indoors in a weatherproof space on a flat surface. If indoor storage is not an option, the appropriate weatherproof material should be provided.
– If the board should get wet, they should not be used.
– Do apply pressure to the boards, such as standing on them as although they are extremely durable, excessive weight can cause the boards to crumble inside and snap.
– Foil tape with a minimum width of 50mm can be applied to the boards where boards are butted together to avoid thermal bridging.
– Fire rated expanding sealant should be applied to any unavoidable gaps in the insulation.
– The number and type of mechanical fixings required to fix K15 in place will vary with the geographical location of the building, the local topography, the height and width of the wall concerned, the wall structure, and the type of mechanism being used to attach the cladding system.
– Thermal bridging is gap within the insulation or building materials that allows an air flow in and out of the property which mean hot air can escape and cold air can draft through.
– Board should be cut on a higher surface when using a fine-toothed saw in order for the saw to be able to cut through the other side.
– If the board if being cut with a sharp knife, it should be scored one side and snapped over a hard edge and then scored on the other side of the facing with the knife.
– If the board have been fit too tightly into the space a saw can be ran down either side of the board to ensure a better fit.
– Existing mould should be treated before insulation is installed as it can worsen the condition.
– Always consult a building professional before installing insulation to avoid causing damage to your property.
|Dimensions||2400 × 1200 mm|