Kingspan Thermataper TT47 a tapered insulation material with a fibre free, rigid thermoset polyisocyanurate (PIR) core with glass tissue facings bonded to each side. This product is designed to enhance water drainage for flat roofs waterproofed with full adhered single-ply, partially bonded built-up felt, mastic asphalt and cold liquid applied waterproofing, providing insulation and drainage in one product.
This product is manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP). Resistant to the passage of water vapour, these boards are ideal for pairing with waterproofing materials for areas prone to wet weather conditions. The Thermataper boards are lightweight ensuring this product is easy to cut handle and install. The TT47 is 1200mm by 1200mm and has a thermal conductivity between 0.024W/mK and 0.027W/mK. This product is supported by a bespoke design service.
TT47 is at a tapered version of the Kingspan Thermaroof TR27. TT47-K Systems combine the tapered insulation of Kingspan Thermataper TT47 with a premium performance rigid thermoset phenolic Kingspan Kooltherm packer board, providing a slimmer solution; and TT47-O Systems combine the tapered insulation of Kingspan Thermataper TT47 with a Kingspan OPTIM-R packer board, providing the thinnest solution.
- Available for refurbishments or new builds
- Insulation and drainage in one
- No structural fall required
- 150kPa at 10% compression
- Insulation and drainage in one
- CFC/ HCFC Free
- Designed to prevent water ponding
- Practical alternative to screeding, structural falls or firrings
- Non-deleterious materials
- Easy installation
- Load bearing implications for an existing structure can be minimal
- Suitable for use with most mechanically fixed single-ply waterproofing systems
This product can be cut using a fine-toothed saw or by simply scoring the board with a sharp knife and snapping the board over a straight edge. The other side of the facing can then be scored to complete. Accurate measurements and trimmings of the product is essential to ensure close butting joins to avoid thermal bridging.
Packaging and storage:
Kingspan packaging is completely recyclable and should not be considered the equivalent of outdoor protection. TT47 should be stored inside on a flat surface however, if indoor storage is not an option a weatherproof sheet or the required materials should be used to cover the boards. Thermataper boards should be stacked clear of the ground and free from any hazards such as open flames.
The roof should always be protected when construction is taking place, this is best achieved by close boarding. Heavy building components should not be stored on the roof to avoid damage.
When construction comes to a pause such as at the end of a working day or breaks in projects, a night joint should be made to prevent water from causing damage to the roof construction.
Kingspan has a long-term commitment to sustainability and providing energy efficient insulation materials. Insulating your roof will prevent heat from escaping the building and contribute towards the reduction of climate change and global warming creating a more energy efficient residential commercial building. This will also save money on your monthly energy bills and give a more temperature-controlled environment with cooler summers and warmer winters.
Kingspan Thermataper TT47 can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- New and existing roofs with timber decks
- New and existing roofs with concrete decks
- Metal decks with no ceiling
- Dense concrete deck with suspended ceiling
- Flat roof applications
Please see below our Thermataper TT47 Insulation Board datasheet and safety regulations.
ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management Systems. Requirements)
BS EN ISO 6946: 2017- Annex E
ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems. Requirements)
ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems)
ISO 50001: 2018 (Energy Management Systems)
Fire Performance: Euroclass RtF F to BS EN 13501-1:2018.
Standard: To BS EN 13165
Certified: To BES 6001
Thicknesses: Bespoke design service
Thermal Conductivity: 0.024W/mK, 0.025W/mK, 0.027W/mK
Material: Polyisocyanurate (PIR), Glass Tissue
Standard Falls: 1:30, 1:40, 1:60, 1:80
|Thickness (mm)||Thermal Conductivity (W/mK)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Sheets||Coverage Per Pack (m2)|
|Cut-to-falls||0.024 – 27||1200||1200||1||1.44|
- A building professional should always be consulted before starting construction or ordering construction materials to avoid damage on the property which can be costly and time consuming.
- Vapour control layers should be installed prior to insulation following manufacturers guidance.
- All relevant surfaces should clean, dry, and level with no protrusions, gaps, or steps.
Installation over concrete decks – bonded system:
- The surface should be primed prior to the application of hot bitumen, or the suitable alternative proprietary adhesive system, to ensure a sufficient bond between the vapour control layer and the concrete deck. The primer should be applied in accordance with primer manufacturer’s instructions.
- Where the run of the vapour control layer overlaps the other, there should be a minimum 150mm side and end overlaps which should then be securely sealed. The vapour control layer should be turned up at the edges of the roof to the height specified to the waterproofing membrane.
- The Kingspan Thermataper TT47 boards should be bonded down by laying them into hot bitumen, mopped or poured over the vapour control layer, or with the use of a suitable alternative proprietary adhesive systems. Hot bitumen should be at a maximum temperature of 240°C.
- The TT47 Insulation boards should always be laid break-bonded, either with their long edges at right angles to the edge of, or diagonally across the roof, and with joints lightly butted. There should be no gaps at abutments to avoid thermal bridging.
- Roof-light or ventilator kerbs should always be insulated with Kingspan Thermaroof TR27 at the same thickness as the general roof area.
- Around the perimeter of the roof on the internal façade of parapets, a 30 mm thick Kingspan Thermaroof TR27 upstand should be used.
- A distance of 300mm (minimum) should be maintained between the top of the insulation upstand and the bottom of the horizontal roof insulation.
- The waterproofing membrane should be applied over the whole insulated area, including any upstands, as soon as possible after laying the insulation boards. The membrane needs to be installed in accordance with the membrane manufacturer’s instructions.