U Track Metal
Showing all 2 results
U Track Metal is a lightweight, high-performance, galvanised steel section for building a metal stud wall. Metal U Track is the horizontal section as the C Stud is the vertical both are required when building a stud partition. Explore all of our U Track Metal products below.
Metal U Track is a versatile and durable metal framing solution designed for residential and commercial construction applications. Whether you're building a new home, renovating an existing space, or constructing a commercial building, the Metal U Track is an essential component that provides strength and stability to your framing system.
What is Metal U Track?
Made from high-quality galvanised steel, the Metal U Track is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and resist corrosion, ensuring long-lasting performance and durability. The unique “U” shape of the track provides superior strength, making it an ideal choice for load-bearing walls and partitions. With its smooth and consistent surface, it's easy to attach drywall, plaster, or other finishing materials, ensuring a clean and professional finish. The U-shaped track also provides a strong anchor point for screws and other fasteners, ensuring that your framing stays securely in place.
Metal U Track is available in a range of sizes and lengths, making it easy to find the perfect solution for your specific needs. Whether you are framing a small room or a large commercial space, there is a Metal U Track option that will work for you. Additionally, this versatile framing solution can be used in a variety of applications, including interior and exterior walls, ceilings, and floors.
The benefits of Metal U Track
Metal U Track is easy to install for professional builders or DIYers. Even those with little to no framing experience can quickly and easily install the Metal U Track.
Fire resistance is an important consideration for any construction project, and the Metal U Track offers excellent fire resistance. It has been tested and certified to meet or exceed all relevant fire safety standards, ensuring that you can have complete confidence in your framing solution.
Metal U Track is also an environmentally friendly choice, as it is made from 100% recyclable materials. This means that when your framing project is complete, your waste materials can be recycled and reused.
Is Metal stud better than Timber stud framing?
Metal stud framing is becoming increasingly popular in construction projects, as it offers a range of benefits over traditional timber framing. Here are some of the key reasons why metal stud framing is often considered to be a better choice than timber framing:
- Strength and Durability: Metal studs are stronger and more durable than timber studs, making them less likely to warp, twist or shrink over time. This ensures that the framing remains structurally sound and strong, even in adverse weather conditions.
- Fire Resistance: Metal studs are naturally fire-resistant, and do not ignite or contribute to the spread of fire. This makes metal stud framing a safer option than timber framing, especially in commercial buildings and high-rise structures.
- Pest Resistant: Unlike timber, metal studs are impervious to termites, mould, and other pests that can cause damage to the framing. This ensures that the structure remains stable and free of damage over time.
- Consistency: Metal studs are manufactured to strict tolerances, ensuring that they are consistent in size, shape, and strength. This consistency reduces waste and makes installation faster and easier.
- Lightweight: Metal studs are significantly lighter than timber studs, making them easier to handle and install. This also reduces the amount of labour required for installation, resulting in a more cost-effective construction process.
- Sustainability: Metal studs are made from recycled materials, making them a more environmentally friendly option than timber framing. Additionally, metal studs can be recycled at the end of their lifespan, reducing waste and supporting sustainable building practices.
- Design Flexibility: Metal studs can be manufactured to custom specifications, allowing for greater design flexibility and innovation in construction projects. This flexibility can help architects and builders create unique and visually stunning structures.
- Resistant to Moisture: Unlike timber, metal studs are not susceptible to rot, warping, or other moisture-related damage. This makes them an ideal choice for construction projects in areas with high levels of moisture or humidity.
Installing Metal U Track
To begin, ensure that the floor track and ceiling tracks are properly aligned with each other. Use chalk to mark the areas, ensuring accurate positioning.
Next, secure the steel tracks to the concrete using hex head concrete screws. Utilize a hammer drill to create holes, allowing the screws to go through the metal and into the concrete.
For joining longer track lengths, overlap the end of each length with the beginning of the next, enabling a secure connection.
Once the tracks are in place, proceed to install the Metal C Studs by fitting them snugly into the track system. Secure the studs with screws for added stability.
Afterward, fix the plasterboard onto the studs using appropriate screws, ensuring a secure and even installation.
Finally, fill the space between the plasterboard sheets with acoustic insulation, enhancing soundproofing and insulation capabilities.
Remember to prioritise safety measures, such as wearing protective gear and using tools correctly, throughout the installation process.
What is Metal U Track?
Metal U Track is a type of metal framing component that is used in construction projects to provide support and stability for walls, ceilings, and other structures.
What is Metal U Track made of?
Metal U Track is typically made from galvanised steel or other types of metal that have been coated to resist rust and corrosion.
How is Metal U Track installed?
Metal U Track is installed using screws and a drill, and is attached directly to the wall or ceiling. It is important to ensure that the track is level and properly aligned before attaching it.
What are the benefits of using Metal U Track?
Metal U Track offers a range of benefits over traditional timber framing, including increased strength and durability, fire resistance, pest resistance, consistency in size and shape, sustainability, and design flexibility.
What types of construction projects are Metal U Tracks typically used in?
Metal U Tracks are commonly used in commercial and high-rise construction projects, as well as in residential projects that require a high degree of strength and stability.
Can Metal U Tracks be used in outdoor construction projects?
Yes, Metal U Tracks can be used in outdoor construction projects, as they are resistant to moisture, rust, and corrosion.
How do I know what size Metal U Track to use?
The size of Metal U Track needed will depend on the specific application and the size of the structure being built. It is important to consult with a professional or refer to manufacturer guidelines to determine the appropriate size of track needed.
Can Metal U Tracks be recycled?
Yes, Metal U Tracks are made from recyclable materials and can be recycled at the end of their lifespan. This makes them a more environmentally friendly choice than traditional timber framing.
Are there any safety concerns with installing Metal U Tracks?
As with any construction project, it is important to follow proper safety procedures when installing Metal U Tracks. This includes wearing appropriate safety gear and ensuring that the track is properly aligned and secured to the wall or ceiling. It is always recommended to consult with a professional or refer to manufacturer guidelines for best practices in installation.
U Track Metal Sizes
The U Track Metal come in 3 metre lengths this is one of the benefits of U Track Metals as it is easy to cut down to get the required measurements. Standard widths for the U track are 52mm, 62mm, 72mm, 75mm, 94mm, 148mm.
Standard sizes are –
- 3000x52mm Metal U Track – Most Popular
- 3000x62mm Metal U Track
- 3000x72mm Metal U Track – Most Popular
- 3000x75mm Metal U Track
- 3000x94mm Metal U track
- 3000x148mm Metal U Track
Make sure the connecting Metal C Stud is 2mm smaller for slotting into your U Track Metal Section!
U Track Metal Key Features
- Moisture Resistant
- Strong Galvanised
- Fire Resistant
- Steel Construction
- Low Maintenance
- Dont Rust
- Easy to use
- Will not warp or split
Why is Metal U track Cheaper than timber?
Metal U track is a cheaper than timber as it is made from recycled metals. Therefore, being lightweight and does not warp or split like timbers Metal stud walls are becoming more popular in the building trade.
Install U Track Metals
- Install the U Track section to the floor and ceiling make sure both are aligned before fixing
- Use chalk to make sure the positions of U Track are in place
- Fix into position by using Hex Head Screws (Use a Hammer Drill)
- Partition your C Studs into the U Track around 400mmm or 600mm
- Fix the studs with Wafer Head Self Drilling Screws
- Fix your plasterboards to the stud work with fine thread drywall screws
Whats the best insulation to use with Metal Stud Paritions
Here at Trade Insulations, we recommend going with an acoustic type of insulation like the manufacturer. Also be sure to check out our Knauf Plasterboard page with all types of Plasterboards including standard, acoustic, fire and moisture. These link can be found below.