130mm Kingspan TR24
Kingspan TR24 is part of the Thermaroof range designed for the insulation of flat roofs. Specifically flat roofs, waterproofed with fixed single-ply waterproofing. This product is compatible with flat roofs waterproofed with partially bonded torch applied multi-layer bituminous waterproofing. The Kingspan TR46 PIR board is suitable for new builds, extensions, and refurbishments. The installation technique creates a flat roof insulation solution for fast-track building programmes.
Kingspan continues to manufacture high-quality insulation materials whilst upholding their long-term commitment to sustainability.
This board is a high-quality, rigid thermoset insulation board. The core is made up of fibre-free polyisocyanurate and the board is coated with a glass tissue and finished with a Thermofusible polypropylene fleece on the upper face and coated with mineralised glass tissue on the lower face. The board are CFC and HCFC free and offer a thermal conductivity between 0.022W/mK and 0.027W/mK. The TR26 is 2400mm by 600mm and is available in a range of thicknesses from 30mm to 150mm. The TR24 is lightweight making delivering, handling, cutting, and installing easy.
- Ideal for new build and refurbishment
- Composed of non–deleterious material
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential and low Global Warming Potential
- Resistant to solvents, fungi & rodents
- Installation technique is ideal for fast-track building programmes
- Compressive strength at 10% compression: 150 kPa
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Installation technique is suitable for fast-track building programmes
- Multiple installation methods available
- Compatible with majority of torch applied waterproofing systems
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Non–deleterious material
Kingspan TR24 is extremely durable and long lasting. When the product is installed correctly under the proper building regulations the product should last for as long as the building does. The TR24 is resistant to the passage of water vapour and moisture resistant, presenting the ideal product to be installed in an area that invites challenges weather conditions. This board will prevent mould, damp, and condensation from developing and will not rot even if these conditions should occur. It is also resistant to solvent, fungi, and rodents.
By insulating your roof you’re prevent heat from escaping your property through the roof. By doing so, you will be contributing to a more sustainable environment by helping to tackle climate change and prevent global warming. You will also save money on your energy bills and provide a more temperature controlled and comfortable residential or commercial property. Your property will be cooler in the summer and hotter in the winter.
Kingspan TR24 can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Dense Concrete Deck with Suspended Ceiling
- Timber Deck with Plasterboard Ceiling
- Metal Deck with No Ceiling
- Flat Roof waterproofed with partially bonded torch applied multi-layer bituminous waterproofing
Safety / Product Specifications:
Thicknesses: 30mm, 50mm, 80mm, 100mm, 120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm
Thermal Conductivity: 0.024 – 0.027W/mK
Material: Polyisocyanurate, Glass tissue, Thermofusible Polypropylene Fleece
Compressive Strength: 150kPa at 10% compression
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management Systems. Requirements)
- BS EN ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems)
- Harmonised Standard BS EN 13165: 2012 + A2:2016
- ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems)
- Standard: To BS EN 13165.
- Fire Performance: To BS EN 13501-1:2018, Euroclass RtF F.
- Recycled Content: 0% (minimum) to BS EN ISO 14021.
|Thickness (mm)||Thermal Conductivity (W/mK)||R – Value (m2K/W)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)|
Kingspan TR24 – Installation Guide
- The roof must be adequately protected when building works are being carried out on or over the roof surface. This is best achieved by close boarding. The completed roof must not be used for the direct storage of heavy building elements including bricks, electrical equipment, and tools.
- Insulation board should be tightly butted together to achieve the best possible thermal performance and to avoid thermal bridging and heat escaping through gaps within the insulation.
- Board should be stored on a flat surface in a weatherproof environment. Avoid standing on the boards.
- A building professional should always be consulted before and installation takes place to ensure you have the correct products and method of insulation required for your specific property.
- Protected clothing, goggles, face masks, and gloves are recommended when cutting insulation as the particles produced can irritate the skin and eyes.
- Guideline given with each product should be read and followed.
Packaging and Storage:
The polyethylene packaging of Kingspan Insulation products is fully recyclable, and the packaging should not be considered sufficient for outside protection. The boards should be stored on a flat surface inside a well-ventilated building. If, however, indoor storage is not an option, then the boards should be stacked clear of the ground and protected with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof material.
Cutting Kingspan TR24
If you should need to cut the TR24 board this product can be cut using a hand saw. The product should be accurately measured to size and marked, if necessary, then placed on a slightly higher flat surface with room for the saw to go through the board. A ruler or plank of wood can be used for a guide and to hold the board in place when cutting. The boards can also be cut by scoring with a sharp knife, snapping, and cutting the facing on the other side.
At the completion of each day’s work, or whenever work is interrupted for extended periods of time, a night joint must be made in order to prevent water penetration into the roof construction