Kingspan TR27 is part of the Thermaroof range perfectly designed for the insulation of flat roofs and is highly compatible with most bitumen based and mastic asphalt waterproofing systems. Kingspan continues to manufacture insulation materials whilst upholding their long-term commitment to sustainability. Kingspan is a well-known and trusted manufacturer of insulation materials, and their incomparable high-quality products are used by architects and builders worldwide.
This board is a high-quality, rigid insulation board designed with Nilflam technology. The core is made up of fibre-free polyisocyanurate and is bonded to a coating of glass tissue. The board are CFC and HCFC free and offer a thermal conductivity from 0.024W/mK to 0.027W/mK depending on the thickness of the board. The TR27 25mm is 600mm by 1200mm and the range of thickness from 50mm to 150mm is 1200mm by 1200mm. The Kingspan TR27 PIR board is suitable for new builds, extensions, and refurbishments.
- Ideal for new build and refurbishment.
- Composed of non–deleterious material.
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential and low Global Warming Potential.
- Resistant to solvents, fungi & rodents.
- Compatible with most green roof systems.
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour.
- Installation technique is suitable for fast-track building programmes.
- Multiple installation methods available.
- Fully compatible with single–ply non–bituminous membranes and green-roof systems.
- Can be used for insulation of balconies.
The TR27 is lightweight and easy to cut, handle, and install. The Kingspan TR27 board this can be cut easily using a hand saw. The product should be measured to fit the necessary insulation space and then placed on a slightly higher flat surface to allow room for the saw to cut through the board. To hold the board into place whilst cutting a ruler or plank of wood can be useful.
Kingspan TR27 is extremely durable and long lasting providing the condition of the supporting structure is good and the correct insulation methods have been followed. The TR27 is resistant to the passage of water vapour and moisture resistant, presenting the ideal product to be installed within a flat roof as it is equipped to face weather conditions. This board will stop mould, damp, and condensation from developing and will not rot resistant as well as resistant to solvent, fungi, and rodents.
Insulating your home or work place you are creating a sustainable environment that will help with the reduction of global warming and climate change. By reducing your carbon footprint you are also saving up to 75% on energy bills as less heat is escaping out of the roof and less cold is coming in through the roof. This will make living or working conditions more comfortable and temperatures manageable.
Kingspan TR27 can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Dense Concrete Deck with Suspended Ceiling
- Timber Deck with Plasterboard Ceiling
- Metal Deck with No Ceiling
- Extensive Green Roof Covering – Metal Deck with No Ceiling
- Semi-intensive Green Roof Covering – Dense Concrete Deck with Suspended Ceiling
Safety / Product Specifications:
Width: 600mm (25mm thickness) 1200mm
Thermal Conductivity: 0.027W/mK, 0.025W/mK, 0.024W/mK – varied depending on thickness.
Facings: Coated Glass Tissue
- BS / I.S. EN 13165: 2012 + A2: 2016
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO 14001: 2015
- ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems. Requirements with guidance for use)
- ISO 50001: 2018
Kingspan Thermaroof TR27 Installation:
Your insulation boards should be kept in a weatherproof environment on a flat surface. If spills should occur, they should be wiped clean and left to dry immediately. Although the board are rigid and strong, applying to much pressure on top of specific areas of the board can cause the core to crumble from the inside and snap.
Protective clothing should be worn when cutting TR27 to avoid irritation from the particles produced.
Advise from a professional builder or architect should always be followed regarding the type of insulation being used and the method being applied to your property.
ROOF WATERPROOFING GUIDELINES
- Roof Waterproofing Kingspan TR27 is suitable for use with most fully adhered single-ply waterproofing membranes.
- When using Thermaroof TR27 with fully adhered single–ply waterproofing membranes, the joints where boards are tightly butted together and cut off and edges, immediately below the waterproofing membrane, should be taped at the join with foil tape with a minimum width of 50mm.
- To check the waterproofing membrane and proprietary adhesive system is compatible you get in touch with Kingspan.
- Advice should also be requested from the appropriate manufacturer of the waterproofing membrane to check the requirements when using a fleece-backed membrane with the waterproofing membrane in question.
- Kingspan Thermaroof TR27 can also be used with most bitumen based waterproofing systems including high performance types that incorporate a Type 3G perforated base layer to BS EN 13707: 2013.
- When applying a 3G felt layer it should be laid dry and loose with the mineral face down with a fully bonded border.
- Partially bonded built-up felt waterproofing should be laid in accordance with BS 8217: 2005.
- Kingspan Thermaroof TR27 is also suitable for use with mastic asphalt waterproofing systems. Mastic asphalt waterproofing should be laid in accordance with BS 8218: 1998.
- Mastic asphalt should always be laid over an isolating layer of loose-laid Type 4A sheathing felt to BS EN 13707: 2013.
- The visible face of insulation upstands, at parapets and abutments, must be lined exterior grade plywood of 18mm, prior to the mastic asphalt waterproofing being laid. The plywood is used as an anchor point for the expanded metal substrate onto which the vertical mastic asphalt is laid.
- When using TR27 to insulate a balcony waterproofed with mastic asphalt with a porous promenade tile overlay, a 20 mm cork roof board should be bonded to the insulation board prior to laying the Type 4A sheathing felt and mastic asphalt
- Kingspan TR27 is also suitable for cold liquid applied waterproofing systems.
- A carrier membrane for the waterproofing must be installed over the insulation boards when using TR27 with cold liquid applied waterproofing systems.
|Dimensions||1200 × 1200 mm|