FrameTherm Roll 35 is a Glass Mineral Wool roll, designed to improve the thermal conductivity of your home or work environment. It is non-combustible insulation with the best possible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification and is manufactured using Knauf Insulation’s unique bio-based binder, ECOSE Technology. The Rolls are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria. These durable rolls when installed correctly have a never-ending life span. FrameTherm Rolls contain no ozone-depleting substances or greenhouse gases.
The Knauf FrameTherm 35 rolls are tightly compact and lightweight which makes storing, handing, and installing easy as well as installing the insulation. For longer term protection on site, the product should either be stored indoors, or under cover and off the ground. The rolls polythene packs are designed for short term protection only and they should not be left permanently exposed to the elements. Glass and Rock Mineral Wool products are easier to install correctly than other insulation materials such as rigid boards as their flexibility allows them to adapt to any slight imperfections in the substrate and knit together, eliminating any air gaps. Evidence shows the absence of air gaps is crucial to achieving a high-quality thermal performance.
- Designed to friction fit between timber studs, which prevents air movement and infiltration through or around the insulation, minimising heat loss.
- Ready cut to allow quick and simple installation, maximising on-site efficiency when compared with alternative insulants.
- Rolls are fully cut into 2x570mm and 3x380mm to suit commonly used timber stud spacing.
- Easily split as per requirements
- Provides thermal as well as acoustic performance.
- Easy to handle and install
- Roll arrangement permits ready installation.
- Extremely durable and long lasting.
- Awarded the DECLARE ‘Red List Free’ label. No ingredients in the product that are on the red list – including formaldehyde or phenol.
FrameTherm Rolls are easily cut to size if necessary, using a sharp blade such as a Stanley knife. A heavy ruler or plank of wood can be used to hold the roll as its being cut, and a mat is recommended to ensure the floor or surface is not scratched when cutting.
ECOSE Technology is an innovative, new, formaldehyde free binder technology, centred on rapidly renewable materials instead of petro-based chemicals. It lessens embodied energy and
provides superior environmental sustainability. ECOSE Technology was developed for glass and
rock mineral wool insulation, but offers the same potential advantages to other products where resin-substitution would be an advantage, such as in wood-based panels, abrasives and friction materials.
Knauf FrameTherm Rolls can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Timber frame applications – between studs and rafters
- External walls
- Warm roofs
BS EN 13162, ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
ISO 9001 Quality Management systems
FIRE RATING Euroclass A1 to BS EN 13501-1
Brand: Knauf Frametherm 35 Roll
Length: 3.90m, 6.00m
Width: 2x570mm, 3x380mm
Thickness: 90mm, 150mm
Thermal Conductivity: 0.035W/mK
|Thermal Conductivity (W/mK)
|Thermal Resistance (m2K/W)
|Area Per Pack
|Packs Per Pallet
How to insulate a pitched roof at rafter level
- Protective gear such as protective overalls, goggles, face masks, and gloves are recommended to prevent irritation caused by the frametherm material.
- Make sure the space is clear and tidy to prevent hazards. Outlets such as electrical sockets and openings such as windows should be taken into consideration before the insulation process begins.
Measure the widths between the rafters and match the thickness of the rafters with the rolls of insulation material being applied which is typically a depth of 90mm or 140mm. Measure the length of the timber frame wall to work out the length of the roll that needs to be applied and cut the roll where necessary using a sharp blade to fit smaller spaces.
The frametherm roll can then be firmly but carefully pushed into place, making sure all the edges are in place and secure without flattening the material as this will affect the performance of the roll. Make sure any roll ends being joint together are tightly butted to avoid thermal bridging.
Apply to necessary fixings to keep the rolls in place if required.
Metal fixings can be applied to create another stud level for another layer of frametherm roll to be fitted into.
Finishing’s such as vapour control layers can be applied and held into place with the necessary tape and adhesive products. Plasterboard is optional and can be applied over the top of the insulation materials if required.
|6000 × 1140 mm
|Pieces Per Pack
Glass Mineral Wool
Knauf Frametherm Rolls