OMNIFIT Roll 34 is a Glass Mineral Wool roll, designed to improve the thermal conductivity of your home or work environment and can be used in multiple applications including walls and roofs. It is non-combustible insulation with the best possible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification and is manufactured using Knauf Insulation’s unique bio-based binder, ECOSE Technology. The Rolls are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, do not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould, or bacteria. These durable rolls when installed correctly have a never-ending life span. Omnifit Rolls contain no ozone-depleting substances or greenhouse gases.
The Knauf Omnifit 34 rolls are tightly compact and lightweight which makes storing and handing easy, as well as installing the insulation. The rolls come in widths of 1200mm and lengths depending on the chosen thickness. The rolls provide thermal conductivity of 0.034W/mK.
For longer-term protection on site, the product should either be stored indoors or undercover and off the ground. The rolls polythene packs are designed for short term protection only and they should not be left permanently exposed to the elements. Glass and Rock Mineral Wool products are easier to install correctly than other insulation materials such as rigid boards as their flexibility allows them to adapt to any slight imperfections in the substrate and knit together, eliminating any air gaps. Evidence shows the absence of air gaps is crucial to achieving a high-quality thermal performance.
- Multipurpose applications
- Designed to friction fit between timber studs, which prevents air movement and infiltration through or around the insulation, minimising heat loss.
- Ready cut to allow quick and simple installation, maximising on-site efficiency when compared with alternative insulants.
- Compression packed with more product on a roll than alternative Rock Mineral Wool rolls
- Provides thermal as well as acoustic performance.
- Easy to handle and install
- Partially perforated rolls for use in either timber or steel frame applications at 400mm or 600mm centres.
- Extremely durable and long lasting.
- Awarded the DECLARE ‘Red List Free’ label. No ingredients in the product that are on the red list – including formaldehyde or phenol.
Omnifit Rolls are easily cut to size if necessary, using a sharp blade such as a Stanley knife. A heavy ruler or plank of wood can be used to hold the roll as its being cut, and a mat is recommended to ensure the floor or surface is not scratched when cutting.
ECOSE Technology is an innovative, new, formaldehyde-free binder technology, centred on rapidly renewable materials instead of petro-based chemicals. It lessens embodied energy and provides superior environmental sustainability. ECOSE Technology was developed for glass and rock mineral wool insulation but offers the same potential advantages to other products where resin-substitution would be an advantage, such as in wood-based panels, abrasives and friction materials.
Knauf Omnifit Rolls can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Timber and steel frame applications
- Ground floors, Internal floors
- Pitched roofs at ceiling level
- Internal and partition walls
BS EN 13162, ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
ISO 9001 Quality Management systems
FIRE RATING Euroclass A1 to BS EN 13501-1
Brand: Knauf Omnfit 34 Roll
Length: 2.50m, 3.00m, 3.50m, 4.20m, 5.20m
Thickness: 100mm, 140mm, 150mm, 180mm, 220mm
Material: Glass Mineral Wool
Thermal Conductivity: 0.034W/mK.
|Area Per Pack|
|Packs Per Pallett|
How to insulate a pitched roof at ceiling level – 2 easy steps
Before you begin –
- Protective gear should be worn when installing Omnifit to avoid irritation to the skin and eyes. Protective clothing, gloves, goggles, and face masks are recommended.
- If your loft space is not easily accessed, a specialist can be called out with equipment that can get the job done.
The Omnifit rolls are designed to fit between the rafters in the ceiling. The rolls should be laid out in between the rafters – starting from the furthest point of the ceiling and working your way back – and simply pressed into place, not so hard that the roll will flatten. The thickness of the rolls should match the depth of the rafters.
Continue until all the rafters at ceiling level are insulated. If two ends are being joint, ensure they are butted tightly together to avoid thermal bridging. Roll can be easily cut with a Stanley knife. For hard-to-reach areas of the loft space, longer objects such as a plank of wood can be used to push the insulation in place.
Step 2: If the loft is not being used as a living space
Another layer of the Omnifit roll should be laid horizontally over the vertical rafters started at the further point of the loft and work your way back until the entire ceiling space and rafters are covered. For a loft that is not being used for a living area, the insulation process if now complete.
This is a guide only and a professional builder, or architects should be consulted before any building projects start on your home. If insulation is not installed correctly, it can cost time and money to correct.
|Dimensions||3000 × 1200 mm|