ROCKWOOL FLEXI is an insulation material that has been designed to improve a buildings thermal conductivity. The Flexi Slab is a multi-use acoustic and thermal mineral wool insulation slab with a distinctive flexible edge along one side of the slab specifically developed using patented technology for quick and simple, perfect friction fit between timber and metal frame systems. Rockwool Flexi provides effective thermal insulation, fire resistance and acoustic performance in all areas of the building. Flexi slabs ensure essential tight fitting for thermal and acoustic reliability between frames in walls, partitions, floors, and roofs, without the need for cutting or waste. The insulation is easy to install and can be fitted between fresh timber, the slabs will expand into the wider space as the timber dries out and shrinks back moving with the frame.
- Unique flexible edge on one side
- Manufactured with patented flexible edge
- Ensures a perfect fit between insulation and framework
- Easy to install
- Excellent thermal and acoustic performance
- Easy to handle and install requiring no maintenance
- Designed to prevents gaps in the insulation
- Environmentally friendly, with no GWP and ODP potential
- Helps comply with applicable regulations
- No waste
Made of renewable volcanic rock, Rockwool Flexi Insulation Slabs are made from 97% recyclable and renewable material and packaging, they are environmentally friendly, and they can lower the carbon footprint of the household. By reducing the level of heat escaping your property you are contributing to tackling climate change and global warming.
Rockwool stone wool products work in two distinctive ways to reduce noise, either by impeding the transmission of sound through an element of the structure or by absorption of sound at the surface. The structure of the fibres in Rockwool RW slabs make them ideal for use as a sound absorber, with characteristically high coefficients over a wide frequency range.
All Rockwool RW slab products, either un-faced or with an aluminium foil or glass fleece on one or both surfaces, achieve an A1 classification in accordance with BS EN 13501-1. Rockwool Flexi Slabs should not catch fire and can prevent the spread of flames.
Rockwool Flexi slabs can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Pitched roof rafters
- Framed external walls
- Internal partitions
- Intermediate floors
- Separating walls and floors
- Timber suspended ground floors
BS EN 13162, ISO 14001
Fire Properties Euroclass A1
Achieves Part E when installed in accordance with ROCKWOOL guidelines
Brand: Rockwool Flexi Slab
Width: 400mm, 600mm
Thickness: 50mm, 60mm, 70mm, 90mm, 100, 120mm, 140mm, 180mm
Materials: Mineral Wool
Thermal conductivity: 0.035W/mK, 0.38W/mK
Water vapour resistance: Negligible
|Thickness (mm)||Thermal Conductivity (W/mK)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Slabs||Area Per Pack|
When installing Flexi Slabs:
- Ensure your chosen insulation materials are the correct product for your project and meet the required
- building regulations.
- If installing the Flexi Slabs into a wall or floor frame, check whether the structure is 400mm or 600mm wide, and ensure you select the product with the correct width to match.
- This is just a guide and a building professional, or architect should be consulted before starting any construction works on your property. If insulation is installed incorrectly, this can cost time and money.
- Protective gear such as clothing, gloves, goggles, and face masks are recommended when installing mineral wool products to avoid irritation to the skin and eyes.
- The Rockwool Flexi slabs should be stored in a weatherproof environment, if indoor storage is not an option, the relevant weatherproofing materials should be applied to protect the material.
- Ensure there no potential hazards within the construction space such as electrical wires, work heights, etc.
- Any damage to the property should be repaired before insulation is installed to ensure the problem does not escalate. An example of this is cracked, split, or eroded wood, and rot, mould, or signs of leaks.
- A saw and a tape measure are required when installing Flexi Slabs.
Measure the spaces within the frame rafter or joist that you will be applying the insulation. Note that not all sizes of the spacings within the frame will be consistent, particularly within older structures. Each insulation slab should be measured and cut to specifically fit each section of the frame.
Use an insulation saw, or sharp knife with a serrated blade, to cut the insulation to size if required. Do not overcut the insulation. Allow an extra 10mm on both dimensions (width and length) of the insulation, over and above the aperture dimensions.
The density and dimensional stability of ROCKWOOL stone wool allows tight friction to fit. The insulation slabs will not require pinning or fixings unless specifically stated otherwise. To install, simply push the insulation into one side of the structure and let the insulation go so it tightly fits into the other side of the structure and holds in place. Ensure there are no visible gaps, as this will have effects on the thermal performance.
Continue until the frame is full. Off cuts can be kept and used to fill smaller gaps. The project can be completed with the next steps depending on the method and area of insulation.
|Dimensions||1200 × 400 mm|
|Pieces Per Pack||
Rockwool Flexi Slab