Recticel Eurowall Plus Full Fill Cavity Wall Insulation Boards
Showing all 3 results
Recticel Eurowall+ boards are a specialist high-performance insulation material, designed for the application of cavity walls with a nominal cavity of 10mm to improve the thermal quality within commercial or residential buildings. This board consists of a polyisocyanurate (PIR) core with each side bonded to low emissivity foil facings to improve thermal conductivity. Recticel Eurowall+ boards have tongue and groove cut edges to ensure boards can be interlocked tightly during application.
Recticel Eurowall Plus Full Fill Cavity Wall Insulation Board (1190mm x 450mm) – 115mm – 4.32m2 pack£91.00 ex VAT
Recticel Eurowall Plus Full Fill Cavity Wall Insulation Board (1190mm x 450mm) – 140mm – 4.32m2 pack£116.00 ex VAT
The Eurowall boards are 1200mm by 460mm (including tongue and groove joints) with thicknesses between 75mm and 140mm with a thermal conductivity of just 0.022W/mK. This product is extremely durable and when installed correctly can provide reliable long term thermal performance that will continue to last for the entire lifetime of the building. Eurowall helps to provide a more temperature-controlled environment meaning warmer winters and cooler summers. The boards are lightweight, tough, slightly flexible, and easy to cut, handle, and install.
- Available for new builds or refurbishments
- Excellent thermal performance
- Range of thicknesses to suit project needs
- No degradation or deterioration if exposed to moisture
- Tongue and Groove finish on all sides
- Alkali-resistant facing
- Good compressive strength
- Quick installation
- CFC and HCFC free
- Durable and long lasting
Eurowall can be easily cut using a fine-toothed saw by measuring and marking the board and placing the board on a higher surface to allow the saw to cut though. The boards can also be cut with a sharp knife by scoring one side of the board, snapping over a hard edge, and scoring the other side.
Packaging and storage:
Eurowall+ should be stored indoors and on a flat surface. If indoor storage is not an option, ensure the boards are protected with the correct weatherproofing materials. Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used. Although the boards are rigid, excess weight and standing on the boards should be avoided as the boards can begin to crumble from the inside due to too much pressure on the boards core.
Correctly insulating your home or office space can mean saving you money on up to 30% of your energy bills whilst creating a more sustainable environment. By reducing the heat levels escaping your property, you are contributing to the reduction of climate change and global warming.
Recticel Eurowall + can be installed in a range of methods. These methods include:
- Full fill cavity wall applications
- Brick And Block Cavity Wall applications
- Rendered Dense Block and Block Cavity Wall applications
Brand: Recticel Eurowall+
Length: 1200mm (1190 installed dimension)
Width: 460mm (450mm installed dimension)
Thicknesses: 75mm, 90mm, 115mm, 140mm
Thermal Conductivity: 0.022W/mK
Material: Polyisocyanurate (PIR), Foil
Colour: Cream, Silver
- The inner leaf of the wall should be constructed ahead of the outer leaf. When installing each layer of brickwork, excess mortar protruding into the cavity space from the back of the inner leaf should be cleaned off before installing the product.
- Eurowall+ insulation boards should be installed against the inner leaf, secured with universal retaining clips. To satisfy the structural requirements of the wall, it is recommended that an additional wall tie is included within 225mm of openings on each board course level.
- Walls should be constructed with the first row of wall ties where the insulation will begin, but not directly on the damp proof course (DPC). The ties should be installed at approximately 600mm horizontal centres. The first row of boards can start below the DPC to allow at least a 150mm overlap with the floor insulation.
- A section of the wall leaf is built up to a course above the next row of wall ties, which are placed at 450mm vertically and 900mm horizontally. The insulation boards are then placed in between the two rows of wall ties with the tongue and groove joints tightly interlocked and vertical joints staggered.
- Cut boards carefully and accurately to fit around any opening, doors, or windows, to completely fill the relevant spaces, ensuring the continuity of insulation throughout the wall and around openings.
- Where multiple openings are in close proximity, it is recommended that a continuous lintel or cavity tray is used. Damp proofing at lintel level must be provided with stop ends and weepholes. Where required, door and window reveals must incorporate cavity closure depending on the set-back of the frame.
- Corner details should be formed by either cutting the boards squarely and closely butting the joins at the corner, or by cutting the board ends at a 45º angle to create a mitred joint, so that all board edges are uninterrupted. All corner details should include a vertical 300mm wide Damp-Proof Course or foil tape.
- At the end of each day’s work, or during any interruption in building works, the exposed unfinished cavity insulation materials should be covered to protect the board from the elements and avoid damage.
- Ensure the chosen wall ties are the correct type for the type of building under construction. Wall tie manufacturers can be consulted for further advice.
- Boards with damaged edges or corners, or boards that have been damaged by extreme weather conditions should not be used.
- Protective gear can be used if necessary to avoid irritation caused by the fibre produced when cutting the boards, this includes gloves, goggles, or a face mask.
- Always consult a building professional before have insulation installed within your residential or commercial building. Insulation installed incorrectly can be a time consuming and costly error.
- Continues to remove excess mortar and mortar droppings by wiping away with a cloth from exposed board edges before installation the next section. Use of a cavity board is recommended to make cleaning easier.