Kingspan Kooltherm K107 150mm – a pitched roof insulation material made from a thermoset fibre-free phenolic core. In addition, K107 boards have low emissivity foil facings bonded to each side. This reflective, low-emissivity surface improves the thermal resistance of any unventilated cavity adjacent to the board.
Thermal – K107 has a thermal conductivity of just 0.019W/mK. To sum up, thermal conductivity means less heat will pass through the insulation slabs, keeping internal temperatures level. The thermal properties of the K107 150mm will also prevent heat / energy escaping the building and save money on energy bills. Less energy escaping will also create a more energy-efficient property.
K107 150mm is one of the most used thicknesses when it comes to roof insulation materials. Moreover, it is easy to handle and install. The most common pitched roof depth is between 100mm and 150mm. In addition, the K107 150mm is a great option should you need to double up on insulation to achieve an unusual thickness.
Storage – The polyethene packaging of Kingspan Insulation products, which is recyclable, should not be considered adequate for outdoor protection. Store the boards inside a building. Stack the boards, clear of the ground. If outdoor storage cannot be avoided, cover with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin. In addition, do not use boards that have been allowed to get wet.
Key Features Of 150mm Kingspan K107
- Lightweight and easy to cut, handle, as well as install
- Great thermal qualities
- More temperature-controlled internal climate
- Long lasting lifespan
- Kooltherm 100 range
- Durable and reliable
- Compressive Strength of 100kPa
- Moisture resistant
- High-quality material
- Free from harmful gases (CFC and HCFC)
- They do not add to the formation of any gases with Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) or Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- 150mm K107 Kooltherm Insulation is 2400mm x 1200mm. Above all, K107 has a thermal conductivity of 0.019W/mK.
Kingspan K107 150mm Application
The 150mm K107 is manufactured for a range of general building projects and specialist applications. The K107 boards are designed for commercial, residential, and industrial buildings. Kooltherm K107 150mm can also be fitted with other insulation materials.
Unventilated – insulation between & under rafters at 600 mm centres
- Fully filled insulation between rafters – no sarking board
- Fully filled insulation between rafters – 18 mm sarking board
- Partially filled insulation between rafters – no sarking board
- Partially filled insulation between rafters – 18 mm sarking board
Ventilated – insulation between & under rafters at 400 mm centres (recommended for loft conversion where re-roofing is not intended)
- No sarking boards
- 18 mm sarking board
Unventilated – insulation between & over rafters at 600 mm centres (recommended for new build or re-roofing)
- No sarking boards
- 18 mm sarking board
Ventilated and unventilated – dwarf wall and loft floor / ceiling level insulation
- Dwarf wall – insulation between studs and inside studs
- Loft floor or flat ceiling – insulation between and over joists
- Loft floor or collar tie – insulation between and under joists
The boards are extremely durable and last lasting. The 150mm K107 will last for as long as the building does, and product performance will not reduce over time. The K107 150mm is a well-used product within the construction industry.
Before you begin – Always consult a building/construction professional before insulating your property. In short, this can be a costly and time-effective mistake. Ensure the walls are free from condensation and mould before insulating.
How to Install K107 150mm Insulation Boards
Between rafter insulation partially filled flush to the top surface of rafters
1. Firstly, when installing between and over rafters, the between rafter layer must be flush with the top of the rafters in order to prevent the risk of air movement between the two layers of insulation boards.
2. Secondly, install the insulation with timber ‘stop’ battens, if the between rafter layer of insulation needs to be fitted from the outside.
3. After that, Cut the insulation and push the boards in between the rafters until flush with rafters.
4. Side-nail-treated softwood battens to the rafters to hold the boards in place.
Between rafter insulation partially filled flush to the bottom surface of rafters
5. Kingspan Kooltherm K107 installed between rafters must be flush with the bottom of the rafters in order to prevent the risk of air movement between the boards and the ceiling.
6. Where the insulation between rafters is to be flush with the bottom of the rafters but does not fill the full rafter depth, install the insulation, trimmed to suit rafter spacings, with the aid of treated softwood battens nailed to the side of the rafters to provide a ‘stop’ above the insulation.
7. Moreover, the battens should be in the appropriate position to ensure the insulation is flush with the bottom of the rafters.
8. After that, an additional restraint to the insulation boards will be provided by Kingspan Kooltherm K118 fixed to the inside face of the rafters.
Between rafter insulation fully filling the depth of the rafters
9. Finally, where the insulation between rafters fully fills the rafter depth simply install the correct thickness of insulation, trimmed to suit rafter spacings, in such a manner that it is flush with the bottom and top of the rafters.
150mm Kingspan K107 Certifications
- BS EN 13166
- Euroclass RtF F to BS EN 13501-1:2018
- BBA Certificate No 16/5299
- 0% (minimum) to BS EN ISO 14021
- Recycled Content 0.75%
- ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management Systems. Requirements)
- ISO14001: 2015 (Environmental Management Systems)
- ISO45001: 2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems)
- ISO50001: 2018 (Energy Management Systems.)
|2400 × 1200 mm
|Pieces Per Pack
Kingspan K107 Pitched Roof Board