100mm Knauf Acoustic Roll
Knauf acoustic roll 100mm is made up of glass mineral wool. Glass mineral wool is a quality product that not only insulates the property but provides fire protection and sound reduction. The rolls are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould, or bacteria. The rolls are tightly compressed into packaging, so the product is easy to transport.
The acoustic quality of the rolls can provide a more comfortable environment by reducing unwanted noise including, media noise, footsteps, childlike noises, noisy neighbours, and more. The rolls can be installed within residential and commercial properties for new builds, extensions, and renovations. Acoustic rolls are a great choice for establishments such as hotels, schools, hospitals, and offices to keep the sound levels low throughout the building to give maximum comfort. 100mm acoustic rolls ensure you have calm and privacy.
100mm Acoustic Roll Applications
The acoustic rolls are designed for internal wall and floor applications. Acoustic Roll is specifically designed for friction fitting between joists and studs at 600mm centres. Due to the acoustic qualities of the rolls they are commonly applied in internal areas where sound levels travel. See full details below:
- Walls – Timber and metal frame applications
- Walls – Timber and metal stud partitions
- Floors – Between floor rafters / underneath floorboards
100mm Knauf Acoustic roll Key Features:
- 100mm Knauf Acoustic rolls are 1200mm wide
- Available in widths of 600mm (2 rolls), this means no cutting necessary as the rolls are designed to fit 600mm centres
- 100mm thick acoustic roll – a general size roll that can be used for most applications
- The acoustic rolls are also available in a thickness of 25mm, 50mm, and 75mm to suit every application need, see the full range in the link below.
- 100mm is 10.3m in length
- The 100mm roll has an area per pack of 12.36m2
- Minimum density of 10Kg/m3
- The rolls have a thermal conductivity of just 0.044W/mK which will improve the thermal quality of the property keeping the heat in and the draughts out
- R-value 2.86m2K/W
- A1 reaction to fire
- Lightweight and easy to cut to size
- The rolls are flexible and easy to install within a cavity space
- All Cavity boards are CFC, HCFC and Formaldehyde Free
- The rolls are manufactured with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP)
Knauf Insulation 100mm Roll
The Knauf 100mm roll is the most popular within the acoustic roll range. This product is widely used within the building in the construction industry.
The 100mm rolls not only provide acoustic quality, but being the thickest roll, it also gives the best thermal conductivity in the range.
The roll is non-combustible with the best possible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification. The 100mm roll will not burn when exposed to fire which will prevent the spread of fire between rooms and floors. This will allow people more time to get out of the building safely and will help maintain the buildings’ structure whilst awaiting professional help.
When insulating your home ensure you have consulted a building and construction professional to confirm this is the right product for your property. Installing the wrong insulation can go against building regulations. This can be a costly and time-effective mistake. Ensure the floors are free from condensation and mould before insulating.
How do you install 100mm acoustic roll – floor application
The thickness of the rolls should match the depth of the floor joists.
Once the floorboards have been lifted and the floor area is clear, you can begin to fit the acoustic roll.
Measure the length of the joist from wall to wall and cut the roll where necessary using a sharp knife. Look out for any changes in the wall shape such as chimney breasts, and doors and openings. Cut the roll accordingly around these. The rolls can then be pressed firmly into the joists. Ensure the roll is tucked into the cavity but not flattened into the cavity. Continue to fill the spaces within the joists until the floor is full. The floorboards can then be cut to size taking fixings and openings into account and applied horizontally over the floor acoustic rolls and fixed onto the joists using the required fixings.
Acoustic chipboards are recommended if soundproofing is the priority.
The boards can then be covered with underlay and flooring of your choice.
|Dimensions||10300 × 1200 mm|
|Pieces Per Pack||
Glass Mineral Wool
Knauf Acoustic Roll