25mm Knauf Acoustic Roll
Knauf acoustic roll 25mm is made up of glass mineral wool. Glass mineral wool is a quality product that not only insulates but provides the property with fire protection and sound reduction. The rolls are odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould, or bacteria. The rolls are tightly compressed into packaging, so the product is easy to handle and move about.
The 25mm acoustic rolls will reduce noise levels from travelling through the building and to neighbouring properties. This can provide a more comfortable living and working environment by reducing unwanted noises throughout the building such as, footsteps, talking and shouting, media noised including tv and play station and more. The rolls can be installed within residential and commercial properties for new builds, extensions, and property renovations. Acoustic rolls are a great choice for establishments such as hotels, schools, hospitals, and offices to keep the sound levels low throughout the building to give maximum comfort. 25mm acoustic rolls can help to create a relaxed environment that ensures the maximum levels of calm and privacy.
25mm Acoustic roll applications
The acoustic rolls are designed for internal wall and floor applications. Acoustic Roll is specifically designed for friction fitting between joists and studs at 600mm centres. Due to the acoustic qualities of the rolls they are commonly applied in internal areas where sound levels travel. See full details below:
- Walls – Timber and metal frame applications
- Walls – Timber and metal stud partitions
- Floors – Between floor rafters / underneath floorboards
25mm Knauf Acoustic roll Key Features:
- 25mm Knauf Acoustic rolls are 1200mm wide
- Available in widths of 600mm (4 rolls) this means no cutting necessary as the rolls are designed to fit 600mm centres
- 25mm thick acoustic roll – The thinnest size roll, this can be used for most applications
- The acoustic rolls are also available in a thickness of 50mm, 75mm,100mm to suit every application need
- 25mm is 11.10m in length
- The 25mm roll has an area per pack of 26.64m2
- The minimum density of 10Kg/m3
- The rolls have a thermal conductivity of just 0.044W/mK which will improve the thermal quality of the property keeping the heat in and the draughts out
- 25mm acoustic roll will have an incredible lifespan and the performance of the products will not worsen with time
- The best A1 reaction to fire
- Lightweight and easy to cut to size
- The rolls are flexible and easy to install
- All Cavity boards are CFC, HCFC and Formaldehyde Free
- The rolls are manufactured with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and low global warming potential (GWP)
Knauf 25mm insulation acoustic rolls
The Knauf 25mm roll is one of the most popular within the acoustic roll range. This product is widely used within the building in the construction industry.
The 25mm roll provides acoustic and thermal quality, the thin design of the roll means it can be installed as an addition to other insulation materials and can be doubled up with another roll to achieve a 50mm, 75mm, or 100mm thickness and so on. It is important to note that doubling up acoustic rolls will NOT achieve better sound performance.
The roll is non-combustible with the best possible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification. The 25mm roll will not burn when exposed to fire which will prevent the spread of fire between rooms and floors. This will allow people more time to get out of the building safely and will help maintain the buildings’ structure whilst awaiting professional help.
When insulating your home ensure you have consulted a building and construction professional to confirm this is the right product for your property. Installing the wrong insulation can go against building regulations. This can be a costly and time effective mistake. Ensure the walls are free from condensation and mould before insulating.
How to install 25mm acoustic roll
The thickness of the rolls should match the depth of the framework.
Once the metal or timber frame has been secured to the walls with 600mm centres, you can begin to fit the acoustic roll.
Measure the frame from top to bottom and cut the roll where necessary using a sharp knife. Look out for any changes in the wall shape such as a sloped ceiling electrical sockets, and doors and openings. Cut the roll accordingly.
The rolls can then be pressed firmly into the frame. Ensure the roll is tucked into the frame but not flattened into the cavity. Continue to fill the timber or steel frame until the wall is full.
Plasterboards can then be cut to size taking fixings and openings into account and applied horizontally over the insulation rolls and fixed onto the frame using the required fixings.
Sound boards are recommended if sound proofing is the priority. If insulating a partition wall, apply plasterboard to one side of the wall first to help hold the insulation roll in place. Then apply plasterboard to the other side once the insulation is installed.
The boards can then be decorated.
|Dimensions||11100 × 1200 mm|
|Pieces Per Pack||
Glass Mineral Wool
Knauf Acoustic Roll